Hair loss is not something that can be avoided. There are lots of people who experience thinning hair, and unfortunately, it can compromise their appearance and adversely impact their self-esteem. Thinning hair can be caused by a variety of factors, whether it’s a condition like alopecia, hereditary pattern balding, hormonal changes, or medication and supplements.
Luckily, there are treatments available for patients struggling with hair loss, one of which is platelet-rich plasma or PRP. This treatment is an innovative option for people with thinning hair who wants to gain their confidence back.
What is PRP Hair Therapy?
The best thing about PRP hair therapy is it’s non-invasive. The procedure utilizes your body’s own cells to facilitate hair growth. It has the capacity to improve your appearance with virtually no risks.
The therapy was initially designed to expedite the healing process of patients with damaged joints. But now, it can be utilized to increase hair growth. During the treatment, the doctor or technician will draw your blood and spin it in a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the plasma. You will then be injected with the plasma, which aids in repairing blood vessels and promote cell and hair growth, wound healing, and stimulate collagen production.
The injections are typically administered monthly for three consecutive months, then eventually spread out to three or four months for up to two years. The schedule will ultimately depend on your genetics, pattern, the amount of hair loss, age, and hormone levels.
The benefits of PRP treatment
If you’re experiencing hair loss and want to know the benefits of this innovative hair therapy, here are the benefits that you can enjoy:
- Safety: PRP treatments involve the use of your body’s own cells, so you don’t have to worry about the risk of rejection or any allergic reaction.
- Minimal discomfort: Since you will not undergo surgery, the treatment should be relatively pain-free, save for the minor discomfort during blood work.
- No downtime: PRP therapy does not require any downtime or recovery. You can undergo the treatment and immediately return to your regular routine after the procedure.
- Effective: Many patients tout the effectiveness of PRP therapy. Most patients who undergo this treatment enjoy results only approximately three months after the procedure. But it should be noted that full effects may not be visible until about a year.
- Versatile: In addition to the hair on your head, PRP treatment can also replace facial hair.
- Cost-effective: Compared to other hair replacement therapies, PRP is relatively affordable. Other treatments like hair transplants, pills, and topical creams tend to be more expensive and have lower success rates. Whereas with PRP, it’s a safe and more wallet-friendly that guarantees visible results.
If thinning hair or balding is becoming a cause of concern for you, you can significantly benefit from platelet-rich plasma hair therapy. It’s an effective way of reversing hair loss and stimulates healthy hair growth.
If you’re looking for PRP hair treatment in North Bergen, get in touch with us to see how we can help.